There are some things about being a sports parent that will never be easy; the drama, politics, and coach issues can get real messy. Why not do what you can as a sports parent to un-complicate your life a bit?
The HomeTeam app is a tool that can help you do that.
HomeTeam® is perfect for busy sports parents, players, coaches, and managers. Here’s what it can do:
- Track rosters, schedules, and contacts for multiple teams.
- Text or e-mail all players and parents with a single tap.
- Update your device calendar or team calendar automatically. Enter all information right on your iOS device; no Web site membership or network connection required.
- Works with all team sports, displays a single schedule with all your teams’ games.
I hate to be one of those parents that says, “why couldn’t they have had that when my kids were playing sports?” But after downloading and playing around with this app, that’s exactly what I want to say. I love being organized and having info at my fingertips and this app would have really come in handy while I was busy running between sports events for three very involved kids!
Why sports parents will like it
- You can view an all-in-one schedule of upcoming games for all of your kids’ teams.
- You can automatically add games to your device or work calendar.
- You are able to easily access contact info for other team parents to arrange carpooling and get-togethers.
- You can receive up-to-date game information from coaches and managers.
- You are able to send e-mails and text messages to all team members and parents.
Why coaches and managers will like it
- You can maintain rosters for all your teams, including player and parent contact information.
- You are able to update your team calendar on the Web automatically.
- You can add game info to your device calendar.
- You are abel to send e-mails or text messages to players and parents.
- You can compose and address e-mail messages with detailed game info.
Why players will like it
- They can create rosters for all your teams, with photos and contact information.
- They can send an email or text message to one or all players.
- They can add games to their device calendar.
- They can receive up-to-date game information from coaches and managers.
HomeTeam is especially adept at managing calendars. You can designate a different calendar for each team, and games are automatically saved to the right calendar. For example, you can automatically add your son’s softball games to your device calendar or your Exchange calendar at work, and for the soccer team that you coach, you can add games to the team calendar on Google calendar. You can completely manage and update your Web-based team calendar right from within HomeTeam.
Yes, this is a paid review. But I stand by my promise to only review products that will help sports parents and their young athletes have a better youth sports experience.
Get my free new report: Sportsparents’ Guide: 55 time & money-saving tips guaranteed to make your life easier. You’ll also get regular sports parenting tips each week and a weekly parenting tip. Sign up here.