To listen to the podcast, click on the arrow above.
In my first full episode of the Sports parenting podcast, I would like to welcome Craig Sigl of Mental Toughness Trainer. Sigl is a mental toughness trainer who’s worked with athletes and business people for over 30 years. His unique brand of mental toughness helps kids develop the life skills of Focus, Confidence, Determination and Resilience through their participation in sports. He knows how to help athletes learn to be mentally tough when they play sports.
Sigl’s work with youth athletes has been featured on NBC TV and ESPN. Get his free ebook: “The 10 Commandments For a Great Sports Parent” and also a FREE training and .mp3 guided visualization to help young athletes perform under pressure by visiting: http://MentalToughnessTrainer.com
The Mental Toughness website offers loads of FREE tips and advice for coaches, parents and young athletes on such topics as:
How to improve Focus, Confidence, Determination, Resilience
Recovering from injury
Effective visualization practices
Goal setting and achieving
Boosting motivation to train and work harder
Getting over performance anxiety and fear of mistakes
If you are reading my blog or listening to this podcast, I know it’s because you want your child to have a good youth sports experience.
Are you ready to be part of the Positive Sports parenting tribe?
I invite you to join with me and with thousands of parents and coaches around the world who want to be a voice for positive change in youth sports! We can make a difference if we each focus on our family, our team, our community.
Here’s how you can become part of the positive sports parenting tribe:
- Subscribe to the Sports Parenting Podcast on iTunes.
- Get a weekly parenting newsletter with tips for raising kids with character in sports and in life. When you sign up, you’ll receive my free report: Sportsparents’ Guide: 55 time & money-saving tips guaranteed to make your life easier.
- Arm yourself with sports parenting tools from my Sportsparenting Survival Guide series.
- Get parenting inspiration and tips on my Sportsparenting Facebook Page, Pinterest Page, or Google Plus Page.
- Spread the word about the power of positive sports parenting and encourage other parents to join the positive sports parenting tribe.
Subscribe to The Sports Parenting Podcast in itunes to get notice of future podcasts. We will be talking about a bunch of issues that your kids are dealing with as they play sports.