After 28 years of being a coach’s wife, I’ve seen a variety of coach’s gifts.
My husband was grateful for each gift because of the kids it represented and the relationships he had built with each athlete.
But he had a few favorites, and I’m guessing many other coaches might agree with his choices.
1. Framed team photo. My husband always enjoyed pictures of his team. After all, most coaches are in it for the kids, aren’t they?
2. Dinner gift certificates. Always a favorite with the wives. After all the missed dinners and late nights, he owes the wife a nice dinner.
3. Funny gifts. To be given along with a gift certificate of course!
4. Signed balls. A great reminder of a fun year.
5. The rare really useful gift. My husband always preferred gifts that memoralized his coaching seasons, but there are a few gifts that a coach would find useful.
So what if you didn’t like your child’s coach? He still deserves your expressions of appreciation for giving hours of his time to your child. Let him know in a unique way when this season ends.